Sunday, February 22, 2015

The big thaw...

After our cold week off, I want you to assemble and bring in the text homework you have completed so far to show what you know about exponentials.  Next class you will be handed a highlighter and need to choose and highlight about 10 problems that show you know the learning targets listed below.  An even better plan is to highlight (I mean just draw a yellow box around significant problems to draw attention to important problems) before you come to the next class.

The problems you highlight should demonstrate that you know the learning targets described below:

Learning Targets            By the end of this unit you should be able to say and demonstrate that:..

(1)  I understand all the parameters of an exponential function y = Cax .   Given a table, I can determine initial values and growth/decay factors to write an exponential function.  Given a graph or situation, I can identify and interpret the appropriate equation using my understanding of exponentials.

(2)  Given a real-life scenario, I can create and evaluate exponential (and later logarithmic) functions to solve problems.  I can interpret different types of compounded interest formulas and y = ex and use technology to identify solutions to problems.

 
(3)  I recognize a logarithm function as the inverse of an exponential function.  I can solve exponential equations by applying log base 10 and the natural log functions to “undo” exponential functions. 

 There will also be a survey you need to complete next class that rates your understanding of the targets above more specifically.  Be sure you have your work to look at so you can back up what you see about your understanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment