Monday, October 1, 2012

2009 Necap Practice Exam and starting 2.1

Happy Monday Night,

As I mentioned in class today, I am going to start posting a Sunday night post so everyone in my Trigonometry class is expected to check in at least once a week, usually Sunday night after 8 pm is the best time.  In fact, if you are reading this right now you should become a follower of the blog and  check out to see if there are settings to automatically update you when a new post has been submitted.

Mainly the blog will be a short summary of what we did the previous week and a preview of what is coming up for the week ahead.  I will informally monitoring to see who is participating.  Many of your upcoming college courses may have an online element, so participating with this is good practice in a different style  of communication.

This post is a bonus because I just got a list of who is missing class this week due to the NECAP writing test.  The majority of you are not missing Trig. class (lucky you).  So the plan is to continue on to Chapter 2 (Section 2.1 - 2.2 Graphing Functions this week. 

For my D-period students, you have already been given the task of completing the 2009 Math NECAP released items for homework by Wednesdays class as Homework [20 points].  You can access my website to get that document (see previous blog post for a direct link to website).  However, if you want a printed out copy I was able to print out 25 copies today and for the first five D-period students that stop by 225 in the a.m.  I can give you a copy.  In fact, you will earn extra credit for being the first to read this blog and follow up!  For my    C-period students, you will receive a copy in class tomorrow.

I will see everyone before the NECAP writing assessment, but in any case good luck!  And, by completing the 2009 released Math Items you will be already preparing for the Math NECAP in two weeks.  For my few non-11th graders, the questions are good practice and most relate to our class content anyways.

Life is just a circle.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment