Finally, there will be a task Friday to assess our understanding of these principles.
Key Content Goal
Students will understand how to model real-life situations and use indirect measurement to find unknown heights, angles, etc. Much of the Trigonometry we learn is applied in surveying, mapping, and developing computer models involving angle measurements and other related quantitites. Much of this week's content can be found in Chapter 5, sections 5.1/5.2
3 Key Process Goals
- Students will solve textbook problems and focus on using textbook examples as a learning resource
- Students will work cooperatively to check their understanding. If you took Algebra II honors, you have worked much more with Law of Sines compared to others in our class who took Algebra II last year. If you have previously learned the Law of Sines you are expected to help out your classmates (I will be out Tuesday at a Professional Development). If you do not know this content well, you will be expected to seek out help from classmates who are more familiar.
- Students will be creating interesting products. Your final "Art Project" is due on Friday as you come into class. That same day you will be completing a full period task that will assess how well you can solve a real-world problem and demonstrate your ability to draw a diagram, apply relationship(s) and explain your understanding of the problem
- 5.1 248/2-11 Primes,14,15,18,24,27,30,33,34 Solutions must include a diagram, show formula, and worked out key steps to earn full credit
- 5.2 254/2-18 even, 20,22,23,24,26,29,31 [Possible Handout]
- Art Project (individual rough draft due Tuesday (place in folders) and Final Project due Friday (You may work in Pairs or Independently)
- If you did poorly on the Ch. 4 Test, you are expected to make corrections to your exam and redo the Practice Test #4 problems that are similar to the ones you missed
- You should use our "coloring technique" to highlight key features of your graph from the Ch. 4 test and create a table, if you did not originally
- The art project is really an alternative assessment for you to show how well you know your Trig. graphs. If you did poorly on the test, you this opportunity to balance out your grade and show what you know about Trig. Functions.